Looking to play videos or slideshows from your iPhone with your group? Follow the steps below!
- Get the "HDMI to iPhone Lightning Plug" from the basket under the TV in the basement
- Replace an existing HDMI plug on the back of the TV with the iPhone. In the photo below, I plugged the HDMI part of the cord into HDMI1. The standard setup is:
HDMI1: Nintendo Wii U
HDMI2: DVD Player
HDMI3: Nintendo Switch Dock
- Turn the TV to the correct source, depending on which plug you used. To switch the TV:
Press and hold the microphone button on the remote control
Say "HDMI1" (or whichever plug you're using) and release the microphone button
- Plug the Lightning Plug into your iPhone. You will see the following on the TV:
On your iPhone:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to reveal your settings. Press "Screen Mirroring":
- A new menu called "Screen Mirroring" will appear. Press the option "Drong OTG Adapter"
- When connected, you will see a checkmark next to "Drong OTG Adapter". Also note that in order to stop sharing your screen on the TV, click "Stop Mirroring". Press outside of the "Screen Mirroring" window to navigate your phone.
- While connected, you can control the volume through your iPhone and through the TV remote. On the iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal your settings, and notice the volume now shows the Apple TV icon:
When finished with the cord, please wipe it clean and return it back to the basket for the next guest to use!